Nyárádkarácson is one of the most densely populated rural areas in the micro-region. The settlements under its administrative jurisdiction lie on the two banks of the Nyárád – Niraj River. Most of its inhabitants deal with vegetable growing, which explains why the area was given the nickname “Murokország” – “Carrot Country”.
The first written source to mention the settlement (Karachonfalwa) dates from 1444. We also know that as early as 1602 a school functions on its territory. In 1968 Nyárádkarácson becomes administrative centre of Csiba – Ciba, Folyfalva – Foi and Káposztásszentmiklós – Nicoleşti.